*REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THE 2023 EVENT*
Hello Girl Scouts and Girl Scout Volunteers –
Hello Girl Scouts! We’ve been getting some inquires on what date to set for Cascade Challenge and we have one!
Event Date: May 19-21. 2023 at Fire Mountain Scouts BSA Camp, Mt Vernon.
Registration Opens Date: November 1st, 2022
Arrive Friday afternoon after 3 PM to set up your campsite. Then relax, check out the camp, and mingle with other troops around shared campfires. All challenge rotations will take place on Saturday, where Scouts will be evaluated on teamwork, leadership skills, and combined knowledge in the skill areas listed below. Saturday night includes the Dinner Challenge followed by a roaring All Camp campfire with songs, skits, and good old fun. The awards & recognition ceremony on Sunday brings the weekend to a close ~ Noon.
Troops bring all the equipment necessary for primitive troop camping and will be cooking all their own meals. The troop campsites are in an open, grassy, tree-less, & a bit lumpy meadow; site sizes are approximately the size of a two-car garage. It is basically a plot of grass without tables, shelters, or fire rings! Water and outhouses are provided. Troops carry their gear from a staging area to their site, about the length of a football field (100 yards). The Troop Preparation Packet is sent upon registration to guide your training and planning.
All Challenges are completed without ‘help’ from leaders during the events. All challenges include the respective GSWW Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints.
And the 2023 Challenges are…
- Team Dynamics
- Fire Building
- Plants, Knots and Shelters
- Campsite Maintenance– Demonstrate how well you establish & keep a ‘good’ safe campsite.
- Challenge Dinner– Prepare a creative & nutritious dinner with surprise ingredients (revealed to only the Cadette troops upon arrival Friday). All prep & cooking is done without leaders present.
- Leader’s Challenge: Paperwork timeliness & accuracy, skillful mentoring, and letting go will help set your troop up for a successful experience.
Join us for Year #41 for Challenge. This event is sponsored by SU245 and brought to you by a GSWW Committee of volunteers. Register as a troop or form your own group with registered Girls Scouts from multiple troops. Scout group size is 2-8, adults 2. In order to include more troops, we have a limit of one group per troop, each split group must have a minimum of 6 scouts.
Adult Volunteers are needed as Judges for Sat May 20, 2023 come for the day or camp free for the weekend. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $35 per person which includes: Site Fees, Saturday dinner, event patch, and event awards. *Challenge Dinner Options of vegetarian and medically necessary Gluten Free are available and are then provided to the entire troop, with an additional $1 per person for the entire troop for the GF option.
- Adults: Minimum & maximum are two per troop/group. Minimum # of scouts is two, maximum is 8.
- Limited to no more than one group from the same Troop.
- All participants must be registered Girl Scouts and the adults must meet GSWW troop camp training requirements.
- One registration form is required per troop/group and is only accepted by mail.
- Please Mail the deposit to Karin Cook, Cascade Challenge Registrar:
- Checks payable to GSWW–SU 245 Cascade Challenge.
- Registration will be acknowledged by email from the Challenge Committee Registrar and sent to both advisors named below and will include the Challenge Troop Preparation packet.
- Cancellations received after March 31st, 2023, will forfeit their deposit.
- If the final payment is not postmarked by March 31st, 2023 the registration for your troop is cancelled, your spot will be offered to a wait-listed troop, and your deposit will not be returned.
- Wait listed troops (that are not placed) will receive their deposits back after event takes place.
- The Leader’s Challenge begins with the thorough, legible, and accurate completion of this registration form.
Troops requesting vegetarian & medically necessary gluten free food options will receive such for the entire troop
Registration closes March 31st, 2023 or When FIlled
Facebook: GS Cascade Challenge
More Info: Email: email@example.com